Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Miami Dolphin spring break 2003

Strange I try to write our story. Just for me to have. A love story yet I find the words, I have so come to play with, are lacking on this one. Maybe its not over. So here is one I wrote...maybe not love but timing and location and something else …
The diversity of love by a woman with a bad memory…

Spring break filled with saying goodbye. The woman, core backbone of our family is on Hospis in the condo. The man, who didn’t show tenderness, sitting in deep emotion and processing with my mother by his side and me over her bed. I am loving, confused and photographing our angel.

A friend has come for me…to spend a few days on the beach and at her moms. Next door to Celine Dions and then to South Beach…to be some proper Spring Break…meet up with a crew of her friends at the hotel..and find myself alone one phone call. Sorting plans to get picked up and head back to the condo and airport.

I walked and the clouds moved. Grandmother there saying goodbye, saying hello, as they splash in the pool. I wander to the beach. Feel the water as I wade in, the pressure so much and I lay back to float. The rain has started to come down softly and I close my eyes as I allow all the water to wash over me. All the warm water, my tears washed into the sea and I am flying. Heavy and light and lifted out of the water, I am in the arms of a man. As I open my eyes I watch concern turn to a smile and he asks if im alright. I nod, he is not placing me down but I am still at peace and he does some introduction, Miami pro football player. He asks if he can support me. I can’t remember more. I close my eyes again, in my state of collapse the support brings grounding in some stability. I am laying back with the rain falling and breathing. Time passes slowly. Still with the water everywhere in motion, freeing me. I lifted my head and rolled back into the water and stood facing the quite stranger that needed no explanation. A soft small kiss of rainfall shared and I turned towards the beach and walked. Towards the people, to await my ride, to join the family, to take our flight …and to her say never goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment